Most travelers on cheap flights faced an occasional moment of clarity when they questioned their own wisdom in using cheap flight carriers. These times often come when your flight has just been canceled or you have just received an account of the 300 grams of excess baggage you had the misfortune to accumulate on your vacation.
There is, in all honesty, no shortcomings when it comes to the cheap flights industry, but there is no doubt that it has revolutionized the planet to countless thousands of ordinary people.
For many who live in large or remote countries, they simply would never have the opportunity to visit foreign countries if it were not for cheap flights.
And for those who live in Europe, the whole region has become a potential long weekend destination.
The long- and short-haul travel market has expanded rapidly since innovators such as Ryan Air came on the scene in the late 1990s. This new demographic of international travelers, while not without its drawbacks, is certainly widening tourism opportunities all around the world.
For Australians, the entire Asian region was opened with a series of cheap flights [http://www.cheapest-flights.com.au], airlines competing with each other to reduce prices.
Local tour operators in places like the UK, however, have ended up becoming some of the biggest losers because they are suddenly competing with Spain, Portugal and Italy for the weekend market.
Where before the choice for the average English family was a weekend in Brighton or Portsmouth, now destinations like Amsterdam, Cairo and Prague are just a cheap flight. And they are proving irresistible with a record number of travelers taking the opportunity to fly internationally each year.
Some good tips for booking cheap flights:
- Always book in advance: The economy will always be maximum if you can book your ticket in advance.
- Traveling off peak times: Traveling during off peak and shoulder times between autumn and spring is always cheaper than the summer.
- Do not be afraid to use a travel agency: some of them have access to great deals and, if you are an international traveler for the first time, you can take some of the pain out of the experience.
- Internet search: There are many great cheap flights websites with access to excellent package deals.
- Security concerns have arisen in certain regions in recent times – particularly in Asia and Africa. When it comes to air travel, the word "cheap" should never apply to safety. If an airline can not compete in the market without reducing its security budget, it should lose its right to operate. Be sure to check your airline's security record.
The chickens night girls are yelling at the guys at your bachelor party, the leg room is tight, the receptionist is rude and the time of departure arrived before you board … but upon arrival, sit down and absorb The heat of the foreign sun on distant beaches – without having to break the bank – you'll ponder how big cheap flights are.
Cheap flights have changed the world.